Sunday 25 June 2017

Fare Thee Well Val Simpson

Premise: No one can ever underestimate the power of simple acts of kindness. I met Val Simpson when I was very new in the UK having travelled from my homeland Kenya and away from my family and friends. In her home I was not only made a warmly welcomed friend but was always treated as one of her own children. Val’s tender kindness and compassion has truly touched and impacted mine and many more lives including my family. These words are not a retelling of her story but a simple tribute to celebrate a life well lived.

Bye Val Simpson!

If I could, I would draw a mega picture on a town wall,
To artistically portray how nobly you lived your life;
For the memories of the many touched lives;
Do so beautifully cast a rainbow of your true generosity,
And so we celebrate a life well lived

If I could, I would write long verse?
To share how your life moments brought hope to many;
You did not just say it, but routinely cared for others
You held so many warmly in your heart in kindness,
And so we are thankful for moments well shared

If I could, I would sing a melodious song?
To voice out how your faith lyrically inspired many to hold on
For even when you faced the toughest, you dared not to give up
Hence many will keep strong to the end,
And so we will cherish the lessons well learnt

I would, if I could but just attempt to draw, write and sing
For so wide and deep is your legacy that defines you,
You’ve left an indelible mark of goodness on the young and the old
And shared your love at home and abroad
And so we will uphold your legacy of unconditional love

Time may not grant my request to keep going on and on,
But all that which you were and did for others nothing will ever squelch,
And truly what you made the world feel
Lives forever and no one can ever steal

Val we will forever cherish the life we shared with you
Your dazzling lively smile, ever filled with a caring grandeur,
Your motherly heart that that spelt the life art in solemn acuity

Like an ant you gathered a banquet for many to dine off you the kind aunt
So your actions will forever live,
And now as you rest in the solace of the angelic choir
Till life’s destiny dawns in the eternal heavens,
Fare thee well Val Simpson

No comments:

Post a Comment